Monday, April 1, 2019

April Magnolia :) - A Perfect Time to Craft




Hello all!

April is here, Spring is here, hopefully warm days are coming :)
So, it is also the beginning of a new challenge over at A Perfect Time to Craft
April's sponsor is  Sparkle’n’Sprinkle! 


I decided to play with the Lovely Magnolias Digital Kit
It is a great kit where you have both already colored pieces but you also have the black and white elements and you can make amazing projects with them.
So, because here in Romania, we celebrated Mother's Day on the 8th of March, I decide to make 2 projects. One for my Mom and one for my Mother in-law - whose birthday is also in March. So win-win for me.
First project is a mixed media type canvas. First I gessoed the canvas and after it dried I played with some gelatos and a wet wipe. I let it dry and meanwhile I fussy cut the elements.
As a background I used pattern paper from the kit, absolutely gorgeous and sooo versatile. I wrapped pieces of paper and glued them using mod podge. 
I made a floral decoration using a stencil and white structure paste. I glued the flowers in a 3D style, overlapping pieces. I used bigger flowers and smaller ones and glued them using mod podge and a heat glue gun. 
Because in a garden there are no flowers without birds, I die cut some birds and added them on the leaves. I was quite happy but there was still something else missing. And I found them - the small ladybugs. Aren't they just adorable?
As a final touch, some acrylic paint splashes and some glossy accents here and there. And ta da!!! there it is.





For my second project, I decided to make a card for my MOM! I used the same overlapping techniques and the gorgeous magnolias. It is a 15x15 cm card.
The base is made of 300g/sqm cardstock on which I added washi tape stripes. The background panel is made with a die from the Tonic Kit #17. 
There is also a ladybug and a red-white twine bow. Some glossy accents drops and the card is ready.



It was a real pleasure to work with this beautiful kit from Sparkle'n'Sprinkle.
Make sure you enter our challenge over at A Perfect Time to Craft.

Until next time, take care, stay safe and huggies all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!