Wednesday, September 18, 2019
#122 Scrapy Land Challenge
Time for a new challenge over at Scrapy Land.
Because I want to be sure that this year I have all my cards ready in time to mail them, I decided to make a Christmas card. For my card I am using a very cute Lawn Fawn stamp - Frosty Fairy Friends. It is such a beauty :)
1. Card base - 300gsm white card stock - plied dimension 10.5 x 14.5 cm and I cut an oval shape on the front panel
2. Stamped and colored the fairies and all the other decorative elements. I used my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers - I absolutely love them
3. The inside of the card - using Distress Oxides I made the background, I used 2 shades of blue - Tumbled Glass and Blueprint Sketch and just blended everything together and then I stamped the snowflakes
4. I cut a piece of white card stock with the Stitched Hills Bordered Dies and assembled the snowy hills
5. Glued the house, the branches and the mushrooms.
6. I added a lot of glitter with my Nuvo Glimmer pen and some glossy accents.
7. I added the other 2 fairies and the branches on the front panel
8. The sentiment is from the same set and it is stamped on a piece of cardstock which I distressed on the edges
And this is it!
Hope you will enjoy it and give it a try and ... see info below ;)
Please link back to this Scrapy Land Challenge and include the link to this challenge on your blog post. It would also be extremely helpful if you would list the brands of dies used in your project. (Sometimes we can't tell if an item is a die cut or chipboard.)
We can't wait to see what you create! It can be any style you like from CAS to mixed media and everything in between. Just be sure there's a die cut from a brand that Scrapy Land sells.
take care and happy crafting until next time :)