Thursday, July 16, 2020
Summer with the Wallaces
It is already the third Thursday of the month and this means that it is also time for a new challenge over Lavinia World #31
Here is my inspiration for you, hope you like it and you will give it a try!
For my project today I used Distress Oxides and embossing powder.
I have had the Wallace family stamp for some time and could never find inspiration to use it. So I decided to challenge myself.
So here is what I did
1. I cut the card base from 300gsm white card stock
2. Using Distress Oxides I made the background, I used Fired Bricks and Fossilized Amber. I just played on my panel and decided to leave a white strip, like a sun ray.
3. I stamped and embossed with Copper embossing powder the Creeping Vines
4. Then using Dragon Powder embossing powder i stamped and embossed the Butterflies
5. It was after I did this that it just popped in my head that I should use the cute hedgehogs, somehow. so I balck heat embossed them on the bottom sides of my card. At first i had another stamp in my mind, but after doing this, I think I made the right decision in choosing the Wallaces.
7. Added some white gel pen to emphasize some shades and I also added 2 hearts from the background script stamp, right on top of the cute hedgehogs .
8. Final touches some Nuvo Drops and this is it!
Hope you like it.
Your projects are anything goes if added to the Challenge Blog, but must include anything Lavinia (stamps, papers) if added to the Facebook group.
Now it is your turn!!!
Enter your project and win a $15 gift certificate to use it on a shopping spree ! and a challenge badge :)
Challenges I am entering my project