Thursday, April 9, 2020

Poppies card - Lavinia World Challenge #24



Spring is almost here and I don't know about you, but for me, with these times, things seem to get a different dimension. I feel that things will definitely change after all this situation will end. 
I have had some struggling in creating a card, for days I could not find my mojo.

But when I finally managed I came up with this card, which is my inspiration for you for the new Lavinia World Challenge - #24 :)


The card recipe
1. I cut the card bases from 300gsm white card stock.
2. Added two strips of pink washi tape with hearts patterns.
3. Cut the base panel: neenah white paper - 220gsm
4. Heat embossed the background script stamp with Golden Heat Embossing powder and Versafine ink
5. Using Distress Oxides - Seedless Preserves, Victorian Velvet and Bundled Sage, I colored the background and then with a linen cloth I wiped the embossed part to restore the golden shine.
6. Stamped the poppies using Distress inks - Abandoned Coral, Pine Needles and Peeled Paint
7. On a piece of thick velum I heat embossed the fairy from the set - I used glittery red embossing powder, I have had it in my stash for years 
8. I die cut the stamped part using an oval nesting die
9. Added the fairy on top of the flower and added the panel on the background one using double adhesive foam tape
10. As final touches I added some Glossy Accents drops.
And ta da! This is it :)




I decided to leave the card with no sentiment. It is the type of card that allows you to use it for so many occasions.


What do you think?


As you may very well know, on our Anything Lavinia Facebook group  you may post your cards/projects to enter our Lavinia World Challenges.

Your projects are anything goes if added to the Challenge Blog, but must include anything Lavinia (stamps, papers) if added to the Facebook group.

Now it is your turn!!!

Enter your project and win a $15 gift certificate to use it on a shopping spree Lavinia Worldand a challenge badge :) 

How can you do this? Sooo easy:
- In your project - use any type of rubber or clear stamps
- Digi stamps are not allowed
- THE THEME IS ALWAYS "ANYTHING GOES"
-It is a bi-weekly challenge starting on every other Thursday

If you need inspiration and not only make sure you follow us on:


Disclaimer:
Please note that although we carry the full Lavinia range, we are not part of any other entity or Facebook group that carries Lavinia stamps. ONLY the cards posted to Lavinia World Challenges will be entered into the drawing for the Lavinia World prize. 
Also note that the gift certificates are ONLY valid at the Lavinia World website. https://laviniaworldchallenges.blogspot.com/

We can't wait to see your creations!







6 comments:

  1. oooh pretty embossing.. what a lovely, lovely card, Alina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Alina! I love those Poppies, I just got that stamp in the mail the other day and I think I have to give it a try today! I love the way you framed the flowers and the background that you made! Hang in there! Better days are coming! Stay SAFE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Alina! Such a cute play with pink on your beautiful card! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a striking card! Love the gold on the background which helps the reds in the front really pop. Gorgeous Alina!
    Stay safe and well.
    Hugs ~ Lena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!