Thursday, March 26, 2020

Chinese Lantern card - Lavinia World Challenge #23


Hello my lovelies, hope everyone is safe and healthy.






It is already time for a new challenge at Lavinia World Challenge  - #23, maybe we could forget a little about all the chaos outside and give ourselves a second to breathe.

For this challenge I also played with some masking tape and Distress Oxides.

Now that I am taking a second look at my card it kinda of gives me a peaceful feeling, what do you think?

Stamps that I used  are Chinese Lantern.

The card recipe
1. I cut the card bases from 300gsm white card stock.
2. Cut the base panel: red card stock - 260gsm
3. On a white panel I started playing with my masking tape - I took a 15 x 15 cm sheet and die cut a circle in the middle. Then I put the masking one on the middle.
4. Using Distress Oxides and a Nuvo double brush I played with colors.
5. I stamped the lanterns with red versa mark ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.
6. Assembled the panels together and as final touches I added some golden Nuvo sequins.

I decided to leave the card with no sentiment. It is the type of card that allows you to use it for so many occasions.


What do you think?
I really enjoyed playing with masking tape. It is so much fun :) You just need to free your imagination.

As you may very well know, on our Anything Lavinia Facebook group  you may post your cards/projects to enter our Lavinia World Challenges.

Your projects are anything goes if added to the Challenge Blog, but must include anything Lavinia (stamps, papers) if added to the Facebook group.

Now it is your turn!!!

Enter your project and win a $15 gift certificate to use it on a shopping spree Lavinia Worldand a challenge badge :) 

How can you do this? Sooo easy:
- In your project - use any type of rubber or clear stamps
- Digi stamps are not allowed
- THE THEME IS ALWAYS "ANYTHING GOES"
-It is a bi-weekly challenge starting on every other Thursday

If you need inspiration and not only make sure you follow us on:


Disclaimer:
Please note that although we carry the full Lavinia range, we are not part of any other entity or Facebook group that carries Lavinia stamps. ONLY the cards posted to Lavinia World Challenges will be entered into the drawing for the Lavinia World prize. 
Also note that the gift certificates are ONLY valid at the Lavinia World website. https://laviniaworldchallenges.blogspot.com/

We can't wait to see your creations!



6 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous, Alina! I love how you use color for your stamping. It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Alina! I love the circle in the middle of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Alina! Such a sweet and colorful card, full of warmth and life! It's wonderful. The last 6 weeks have been unusually harsh regarding my abilities, so I have not left as many comments as usual. I have enjoyed all your beautiful creations, and appreciate your inspiration. Please forgive my inability to get this fumble fingers working properly. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and colors. They remind me of a sunrise. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful- such dimension with the way you stamped.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your happy card with the bold rich colours. My first thought was that summer is on it's way and can't get here fast enough :-) I'm a tropical kinda person, so I would be happy if the only season was summer, but even more now since apparently this virus is sensitive to heat, it may die that much sooner when summer comes around. One can hope and pray!
    Stay safe and healthy.
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!