Thursday, February 13, 2020

Shadow stamping cards - Lavinia World Challenge #20




Hello, hello

time for a new challenge over at Lavinia World Challenge  - #20.

Today I have 2 cards made with a technique I saw on one of Jennifer McGuire's tutorials, it is called Spotlight and Masking.
November and December were full of impatient waiting for my stamps to arrive so when I finally received them I started working in advance, just because :))
So, one the projects are these 2 cards I made using the gorgeous Chinese Lantern stamps. I absolutely adore these flowers, both in real life and especially as stamps. 



So, I grabbed my supplies and started working.

1. I cut the card bases from 300gsm white card stock.
2. Cut the base panels: kraft card stock and grey - 260gsm
3. Heat embossed the lanterns with white and golden embossing powder.
4. Using 3 shades of Distress oxides I made the background on the grey panel
5. Using a shape cutting die from my stash, I cut the grey panel in the middle.
6. I assembled the pieces together using double sided foam tape to give an extra pop up effect.
7. The sentiments are die cut with dies from a collection of Romanian sentiments, they mean Success and I love you .
8. Added them to the cards
9. Final touches, liquid pearls - golden and some white dots with the white gel pen.


What do you think?
I found this technique really great and it is definitely worth trying. I will make some more using other stamps, that fit. 






As you may very well know, on our Anything Lavinia Facebook group  you may post your cards/projects to enter our Lavinia World Challenges.

Your projects are anything goes if added to the Challenge Blog, but must include anything Lavinia (stamps, papers) if added to the Facebook group.

Now it is your turn!!!

Enter your project and win a $15 gift certificate to use it on a shopping spree Lavinia Worldand a challenge badge :) 

How can you do this? Sooo easy:
- In your project - use any type of rubber or clear stamps
- Digi stamps are not allowed
- THE THEME IS ALWAYS "ANYTHING GOES"
-It is a bi-weekly challenge starting on every other Thursday

If you need inspiration and not only make sure you follow us on:


Disclaimer:
Please note that although we carry the full Lavinia range, we are not part of any other entity or Facebook group that carries Lavinia stamps. ONLY the cards posted to Lavinia World Challenges will be entered into the drawing for the Lavinia World prize. 
Also note that the gift certificates are ONLY valid at the Lavinia World website. https://laviniaworldchallenges.blogspot.com/


We can't wait to see your creations!















11 comments:

  1. Alina, your pretty cards using the positive negative technique, with a "reverse" spotlight technique, and the black/white for the featured element, is WONDERFUL. What a great combination of the techniques and your pretty style! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both so pretty. Love how you used both the positive and negative to create these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is unbelievably gorgeous. The teacher in me is killing me. Success is misspelled. Sorry to bring it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words of appreciation. It is not misspelled, it is the Romanian word for success :) and I am using Romania dies for sentiments. I used to be a teacher of English myself :) Huggies

      Delete
  4. Alina, you are so clever and i love it when you can use the "scraps"! Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry. Please delete my comment if you would like. Your work is truly beautiful.

      Delete
    2. It is ok :) do not worry. I don't mind, you. Thank you :* take care

      Delete
  5. Such a great way to showcase a way to use the card 2 ways. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are both beautiful. What a fun way to use the positive and negative elements! Love it and will have to give it a try! Have a great day!
    Hugs,
    ♥ Lena ~ DT
    Lena’s Creations


    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your cards!
    Where did you get those Romanian sentiment die cuts from? I would love to get some, too.

    Hugs,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Melanie. There is a Romanian crafting shop and they have them.
      http://casaretro.com/advanced_search_result.php?x=0&y=0&keywords=sentimente

      Delete

Thank you!